le plus loin le plus serré

le plus loin le plus serré
mourning art

in memoriam

"yet I tell you, from the sad knowledge of my older experience, that to every one of you a day will most likely come when sunshine, hope, presents and pleasure will be worth nothing to you in comparison with the unattainable gift of your mother's kiss." (Christina Rossetti, "Speaking Likenesses," 1873)

Sunday, February 07, 2010

mister rogers - note to self

googling "Tame Tiger Torganization," i found one of those online legacy guestbooks where people can leave thoughts and remembrances for the dead.

it's for Fred Rogers, and is evidently running continuously or currently or some such.

I came across one woman's contribution, and it might be the best, most succinct memorial ever, and one that I bet Mister Rogers himself would love:

 
I hope my mansion in heaven is next to yours so I once again can be your neighbor...
  
   Cheryl Streets

1 comment:

Ruth Donnelly said...

Awww... I love this. Mister Rogers was one of my heroes.