le plus loin le plus serré

le plus loin le plus serré
mourning art

in memoriam

"yet I tell you, from the sad knowledge of my older experience, that to every one of you a day will most likely come when sunshine, hope, presents and pleasure will be worth nothing to you in comparison with the unattainable gift of your mother's kiss." (Christina Rossetti, "Speaking Likenesses," 1873)

Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Letter Q

Publishers Weekly has a great write-up of The Letter Q, the anthology of letters to their younger selves by queer writers, editors, and publishers. I've been excited about this since I first heard of it; after reading the PW piece, I have to get my hands on a copy.
I'm been a fan of Armistead Maupin since forever - tenth grade? eleventh? who knows? - and in fact, when my high school somehow allowed us to choose new books to be purchased for the school library, I picked Tales of the City.
I also adore David Levithan, and quite like Jacqueline Woodson, and - well, I think this project is superneat-o, and I want to read and support it.
A good portion - half, I think - of royalties are going to the Trevor Project, which is awesome as well.

Should be great reading - I hope my library has it on the shelf!


No comments: