le plus loin le plus serré

le plus loin le plus serré
mourning art

in memoriam

"yet I tell you, from the sad knowledge of my older experience, that to every one of you a day will most likely come when sunshine, hope, presents and pleasure will be worth nothing to you in comparison with the unattainable gift of your mother's kiss." (Christina Rossetti, "Speaking Likenesses," 1873)

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

necromancing the swag

I love book-related swag. LOVE. IT.  And so I was really excited to see Lish McBride kicking around the idea of swag for the upcoming  Necromancing the Stone.

the hour of swag is almost upon us, and if you want in, there's a kickstarter.

I have contributed. Yes. Despite my deep suspicion of kickstarter projects, this is one I feel great supporting. I also happen to know, because she tweets about it, that Lish McBride has a day job in addition to writing, so this isn't just about making money for her to roll around on while she lights candles with hundred-dollar bills.

BOOK SWAG IS THE BEST.  If you have a few dollars and like Hold Me Closer, Necromancer (and you should, because it's amazing), pop over to kickstarter and drop some change in the piggybank. There are neato swag prizes for donating, in addition to generating product.

If only ALL my best-beloved books/writers would kickstart swag!! Just think - Philip Pullman swag? designs from those gorgeous 2002 Knopf editions of his Dark Materials?  Or awesome stuff based on Catherynne M. Valente's Fairyland books? Diana Wynne Jones swag?

oh, the possibilities!
But the Necromancer swag is on the verge of becoming reality, and YOU can make it happen! go kickstart!

No comments: